— By Stephen Richer
So much ENDA stuff today:
- ENDA passes Senate. 61-30.
- Log Cabin Republicans on passage: “It’s about time.”
- Wait, what is ENDA again?
- 7 Republican Senators vote for ENDA. Collins (ME), Kirk (IL), Ayotte (NH), Hatch (UT), Heller (NV), Portman (OH), Toomey (PA).
- Media gives credit to movement on the Republican front to Paul Singer and the American Unity Fund. (Yahoo) (New York Times)
- The usual right-of-center theocrats denounce ENDA. FRC, NOM, Heritage, Heritage again, etc.
- I plug my nose and join the chorus opposing ENDA. (But for different reasons)
- Ditto Walter Olson at Cato.
- And Andrew Sullivan gives ENDA a meh…
- Speaker Boehner doesn’t want a vote on ENDA.
- Not all House Republicans oppose ENDA. Charlie Dent (PA) at least wants a vote on the subject.