Rek is a communications strategist living in Northern Virginia. He graduated with a B.A. in Political Science from Yale University and has written for the Daily Caller, Huffington Post, Communities at the Washington Times, and his own conservative blog, Token Dissonance. He serves on the leadership committee for Young Conservatives for the Freedom to Marry and has appeared on MSNBC, New England Cable News, We Are Iowa, and WHO Radio. Though a well-traveled Army brat, he is a native of Florida, which his family has proudly called home since at least the 19th century. He is a devoted fan of the University of Florida Gators and a righteous partisan of the Southeastern Conference (as well as the South in general). He can be found on Twitter at @RekLeCounte.
Rek’s blog posts at The Purple Elephant (click).
Articles written by Rek on this subject:
- “Young Conservatives make the case for reforming the GOP platform in Iowa ” Freedom to Marry. Rek LeCounte. August 12, 2014.
- “Sympathy for the Vanquished” Token Dissonance. Rek LeCounte. April 8, 2014.
- “Scouting Tolerance” Huffington Post. Rek LeCounte. January 31, 2013
- “The court of marriage” Daily Caller. Rek LeCounte. December 20, 2012
- “Where does the Republican Party go from here?” Daily Caller. Rek LeCounte. November 8, 2012